We are happy to announce that Fabio Grassi (MV BioTherapeutics founder) has been invited to contribute to the 5th Microbiome Movement – Drug Development Summit Europe 2021 being held virtually during January 27th-29th, 2021.
The presentation has been included in the morning stream titled “Introducing the Era of Engineered Microbes” the 29th at 11.35.
Leveraging Gut Microbiota Cross-Talk with Immune System to Enhance Cancer Immunotherapy
- Extracellular ATP (eATP) as a bacterial metabolite in host-microbiota mutualism
- Adaptive modulation of intestinal immunity by inhibition of eATP signalling
- Enhancement of immune checkpoint blockade by eATP interfering biotherapeutics
“We were very glad and honored when the organizers contacted us and asked Fabio to participate and present the technology behind the company incorporation back in 2018” confirms Gabriel Haering, MV Bio CEO.
“The gut microbiota continues to be the most unknown organ in our body. We discovered the function of eATP in host-microbiota mutualism and applied this knowledge to beneficially shape the gut ecosystem during cancer immunotherapy, thereby dramatically improving the therapeutic efficacy of immune checkpoint inhibitors” says Fabio Grassi, MV Bio founder and CSO.
Additional details can be found on the event website microbiome-europe.com/
About MV BioTherapeutics
MV BioTherapeutics is a Swiss microbiome biotherapeutics company founded in 2018 as a spin-off from the Institute for Research in Biomedicine (IRB) in Bellinzona.
The patent protected Apy platform is a unique mechanism to generate protective immune response against enteric infections and to shape the intestinal microbiota in medical conditions with two applications:
- ApyraVax®is a technology platform for live attenuated oral vaccines eliciting protective mucosal responses against enteric pathogens. The first application is a vaccine for Clostridioides difficile infection, a disease that is causing hundreds of thousands of casualties every year and generating huge medical costs.
- ApyraMed® is a live biotherapeutic that has been validated in pre-clinical studies as an enhancer of immune checkpoint blockade in cancer immunotherapy and as a modulator of antibiotic-induced dysbiosis.
Research experiments and preclinical trials are performed in the research lab hosted at IRB.